[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #549

DEAD SLEEP, a new book by Greg Iles, has a woman being kept sedated via an IV
with insulin.  I don't want to give away too much of the plot.  It is a good
book and tough to put down.  Anyway, the woman eats twinkies to keep her
blood sugar rise.  I thought the body would cover that and she would be in
more trouble.  The woman was not diabetic.  I suggested (via his website)
that he should have used an insulin pump.  LOL