[IP] High & low BG's

When I started pumping a little over 6 months ago, I thought the high and low
BG"s would be a thing of the past, but not true.  For the most part, my BG's
are OK and in norma; range but last night I was shopping and had a wierd
feeling so I hurried out to the car and checked - I was at 51.  I ate some
candy and sat there for 15 minutes and wnet back in and finished shopping.
Not more than 1/2 hour later I got home and checked again and I was still low
at 65.  I drank some juice and ate some glucose tabs and I finally got it up
over 100.

The other day I was sitting home watching TV and I checked and was 450!!  I
hadn't eaten anything bad and had given the correct bolus after eating.

What causes this to happen?  Does anyone else still bounce like this?  I know
I am a "brittle" diabetic but I thought the pump was supposed to make it more
stable?  I have not found this to be true.  There have been many times I have
been HIGH and I just give a shot to correct it - I find it works faster - my
BG will come down to under 300 within 2-3 hours after a shot and it takes
more than 1 correction bolus to correct.

I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problems?