Re: [IP] For those who are discouraged or depressed (ADA book)

   I went to the ADA website and as a Canadian it is really too expensive
to get the shipping alone is $20 (which is $30 Cdn.), so as a unemployed
univeristy student I just can't justify that... Anyone know if you can get
this same book in Canada??

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> Go to the American Diabetes Assoc. website;www.diabetes.org. Look at the
>
> following books: Diabetes Burnout: What to do When You Can't Take it
> Anymore;
> Reflections on Diabetes; and When Diabetes Hits Home: the Whole Family's
>
> Guide to Emotional Health.  The last one can be read on line.  Also, 30%
> of
> persons with diabetes are profoundly depressed. There may be
> physiological
> reasons for this. I am a CDE and I feel the medical profession does not
> explore this area with patients.  There are new medications and
> therapies.
> Get some professional help.  My daughter has had type 1 diabetes for 25
> years, she is depressed and this is a barrier to self care. She had
> difficulty caring for self and 3 children (single mom),everything was a
> chore,even making an appt. for therapy. She has now made arrangements
> for
> therapy.  Priscilla Schell,RN,CDE

=====
Work like you don't need the money.