[IP] Flu vs. Bacterial infection?

Does anyone experience this?  Whenever I get the flu it doesn't affect my
bg's at all and when it's a bacterial infection requiring antibiotics (like
strept throat), my bg's immediately shoot to over 400 and I know that I need
antibiotics to bring it down.  As soon as I take them, it goes down in a few
hours.  I also have found that if I am getting strept throat, I can take 3
echinachea (sp?) and it makes my bg's come down, too.  Personally, I prefer
taking the herbs so I don't have to go to the Dr.  :)