[IP] Started pumping Thursday afternoon!!

Well, after all the hassles with insurance for four months, my son, Adam,
started pumping Thursday afternoon with minimed 508.  He is doing fanastic,
our training was fabulous, with the diabetic nurse educator at St. Louis
Children's Hospital. She is a diabetic herself on the pump - and mini med
qualified educator. :)  We are still adjusting of course, but he is happy.
He went to school Friday and had no problems, the school nurse is wonderful,
spent about an hour explaining a letter I wrote for her and his teacher, then
came back at lunch to make sure he bolus correctly.
I am still aprrenhensive and feel like I am starting all over again, but I
know I will eventually get confidence with this and it will be great for my
son.   Today he is even playing his basketball game.  I am sure in a few
weeks we will be all adjusted and not checking all the time to make sure he
is not low at night.

Very happy Mom!!!