RE: [IP] high b/g NIGHTMARE!! LONG

That is why I never go to e.r. unless it is really an emergency.  They can
mess you up more than you are messed up because they don't know what they
are doing.

They think they are doing you a favor by giving you regular insulin and they
do it by the book, not by how your body accepts it and then it drops too low
and they are all ready to have a heart attack.

If you have a high, treat it and then go low, you have to know that you will
rebound and go back up.  Don't take insulin to cover that rebound or else
you are going to go low again...just let it ride and don't panic.  Drink
lots of water and make sure you don't show any keytones...

I don't panic when my b.g. goes high...just treat it myself.  you know your
body better than your endo or the e.r...they know nothing!!!

Hope you're feeling better.

Hugs to you.
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted