Re: [IP] first day of pump training/ a little long SORRY!

Pam Said:

>The pump has been in the house a month today and it looks like I get >to
>look at the box for another month before I get to start.

Wow, this is rough.  I really, really hope I won't have to go through any
training so extensive.  It will really turn me off of pumping.  Is there any
way that you could talk to your CDE and endo about what you already know
about pumping?  Maybe they would let you "fast forward" if they knew you
were comfortable with things already.

My CDE told me that she would make herself available to see me the same day
I receive the pump (nope, haven't got it yet.  Supposedly, it was shipped
out Monday.) to get me started on saline.  She said I can use the saline as
long as I feel is necessary to be comfortable with it.  I'll probably have a
lot of phone/fax contact with her, while things are getting balanced,

(BTW - She was pretty impressed with what I already understood about
pumping, and I told her about the group.  She and my endo both thought it
was a great resource.)

email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424