[IP] CA insurance: aetna, lifeguard?

I need to switch health insurance plans -- current insurance, PacifiCare
of CA, will no longer cover either my endocrinologist or any doctors affiliated
with Stanford Hospital (my kids' pediatrician) as of Jan 1. I work for
a large company, Compaq Computer, so there's no risk of being turned down
but my choices are limited. They are:

Lifeguard HMO
Aetna Managed Choice (POS, similar to HMO)
Aetna PPO

Lifeguard and Aetna POS cover 100% of things (at least on paper) but you
need referrals for everything. Aetna PPO only covers 80%.

If you have experience with any of these plans, please let me know. My
email is email @ redacted I'm specifically interested in:

ease of getting new insulin pump (my warranty runs out in April)
ease of getting insulin pump supplies
test strip coverage -- do they cover One Touch teststrips?
ease of getting referrals

Although Lifeguard is the cheapest, I've already had one not-so-great
experience with them where I failed to get a customer service rep on the
phone after 10 minutes of holding. But it could be an anomaly. I'm also
not sure whether Aetna covers One Touch teststrips or I'd have to switch
to a different brand meter (I have the Ultra now).

PS Please copy me directly when you reply.