Re: [IP] first day of pump training

I had to go in for training 3 days... about 2-3 hours each time.  Luckily,
I was started on the pump the first day, but I had to sit through training
on carb counting, nutrition, etc.  While I knew most of that from what I
had read and what I had learned here on the list, this was, and still is, a
requirement of my endo's office.  Right or wrong, this is the way they
handle it.  Perhaps it's partially because of liability issues in that if
they don't cover all the necessary items in pumping  they could be held
liable if something goes wrong (I'm only guessing here).  Anyways, if I
wanted to pump and go to the same doctor's office, this is what was
required.  This training also cost me $600 since my insurance did not pick
up the tab for diabetes education at that time.  I made payments of $100
per month for 6 months.  I didn't like that, I grumbled about it, but in
order to pump, I just did what I had to do, since it meant that much to me.

Diagnosed July, 1963 and pumping since May 15, 2000.