Re: [IP] Hello does anyone ever read my posts????

In a message dated 11/2/01 2:46:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Now I don't expect that anybody could solve these problems...but a simple
> "Hey I've been through that!"   Or "Yes I'm in/been in/ the military and I
> understand your frustration!"  Would also have made me feel better.
> Sometimes I truly do feel ALL alone in this.   My husband can only
> understand a small part of this...and I am really depressed these days...I
> need some encouragement!
> So is anyone out there???  Or am I the only Soldier fighting this war????

Hi Denise,
I didn't write yesterday because I don't know what it is like to always have
had DM, I got it when I was 24, I am not in the military and don't understand
how their insurance works but it seems like they should have to pay for
education if military pays for it anywhere in the US, and I don't have a
child with DM, although I watch him and wonder if it will happen just like
every other diabetic mom.
Diabetes is hard to deal with, although with the pump it has become more
routine and not really think about it unless I'm low for me.
I've often thought in the first 18 or so years of having diabetes that it
would have been so much easier if I'd gotten  it early so I didn't remember
what I was missing, the spontaneity in eating and eating whatever sweets I
wanted and not having to feel guilty or get sick because of it.  I don't
think that anymore because the pump allows me to eat whatever I want anytime
I want and I no longer feel deprived or have to spend time wishing I could
eat things that I can't.  I'm more concerned now with learning to eat healthy
for all of my family so we'll all be in better health generally.
Some days no matter what I do my blood sugars do wierd thing, I think
diabetes just does that sometimes.  Since we are affected by emotions and hot
and cold weather and everything else, it is more than a math equation of eat
this and bolus this and you get this correct answer.
Depression is hard to deal with, you have enough stress in your life anyway.
I'd look for some professional help.
Don't feel bad about not getting much response, I haven't gotten a response
to anything I've posted in a long time, I think it happens to a lot of us.

Faith and ?? my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here