Re: [IP] Hello does anyone ever read my posts????

At 10:27 PM 11/1/01 -0600, you wrote:
 >I am going to try sending this again under a different heading.  I am really
 >REALLY (caps for emphasis only) feeling down.  And yet hardly anyone has
 >responded.  Actually one person did write me and for that I am
 >thankful...but as a support group this stinks!!  It feels as though people
 >pick and choose what they want to read and ignore the rest.   What if
 >somebody really needs help here???    I'm glad I wasn't in the throws of a
 >severe low blood sugar and suicidal or something...because I'd die before
 >anybody here noticed!
 >So is anyone out there???  Or am I the only Soldier fighting this war????

No, Denise, you're not the only soldier fighting in this war.  I didn't
respond because I don't suffer from depression, myself.  Many of my friends
do, though--diabetic and non-diabetic alike--so I know it's a serious
issue.  Have you tried seeing a therapist or using antidepressants?  These
strategies can be useful, but you'll need to work on finding a good
therapist you can work with and/or finding an antidepressant that works for

In case you haven't looked for a therapist before, there is a good website
on how to do this, and what to expect from a good therapist.  You can find
it at http://www.metanoia.org/choose/  I think the information is
useful.  If you want to find someone who can prescribe an antidepressant
you should look for a psychiatrist, as they complete a medical degree.

Since you're having real trouble with this you need to seek out help.  An
internet mailing list can provide some support, but not all the support and
help you need.

Take care of yourself,