[IP] Fwd: Medic Alerts

This wouldn't go through (got a host server not found message), so I'm
trying again.

AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted

>From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <email @ redacted>
>To: <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server:
>[smtp.is.bizsystems.com]: host not found)
>Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:11:56 -0800
>
>The original message was received at Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:05:43 -0800
>from f269.law7.hotmail.com [216.33.236.147]

><email @ redacted>

>550 <email @ redacted>... Host unknown (Name server:
>[smtp.is.bizsystems.com]: host not found)

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type message/delivery-status]
From: "jspock @shore.net" <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Medic Alert bracelet
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 18:05:12 +0000

>It will only matter that ONE time you are found unconcious. They won't
>know if it is a drug OD, you are drunk, injured, whatever.....
>The medical ID gives them a clue at least and is only really useful
>if you are out of it. The information on it does not need to be
>detailed, only enough to let the EMT's and DOC's know what kind of
>problems to look for.

>I have to say I agree with with Michael . . . and also, as a parent, I
> >really value the fact that  along with the basic medical info (type 1
> >diabetes, insulin pump, and her heart condition) on my daughter's
>bracelet and readily available to EMTs or Docs if she was unconscious >or
>just out-of-it, they can also call the 800 number and find out who >she is
>and get contact names and numbers so that that can get ahold of >family
>quickly .  .  . Hopefully it will never be needed, but it does >give me
>some piece of mind . . .

Those are definately good points, and I can understand them.  I guess my
perspective is a little different, though.

I would have to list six to seven different conditions on a bracelet.  I
have *never* been able to find an ID of any type with enough space to hold
everything, and I don't like the idea of having to wear more than one.

The MedicAlert bracelets with the toll free number on it scares me.  EMT's
in my area have told me several times that they would never even consider
calling an 800 number to get info on a patient.  When I had a bracelet like
this, by the time they got me to an ER, I was in convulsions from low blood
sugar.  Everyone automatically assumed I was epileptic, and never bothered
to call the 800 number.

Jenn
email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1