Re: [IP] HOT Topic: length of diabetes

In a message dated 10/31/01 11:30:31 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I've had diabetes 8 years and I don't feel like a
"newbie" either. I think those of us who have had the
disease for several years distinguish ourselves from
those who are more recently d'xed, but don't begin to
liken our experience to someone who's going on twenty,
thirty, forty years, etc. I got a lot to learn but I
ain't a complete new-jack! >>

I'm at nine years and feel the same way. This whole topic makes this forum
feel more like a fraternity with some sort of initiation rather than a
supportive group of people with something in common that we all want to learn
more about. Let's move on from this and the lancet deal, please?