[IP] Type I vs learning

I wasn't diag w/diabetes until I was 13 but I think it was starting to
happen from the time I was 9 but no symptoms.  I broke my arm when I was 9
and it took 3 months to heal!

Anyway, the only time that I had problems in school and they were behavior
problems is the year right before I was diagnosed.  I was really grumpy and

We didn't have "good control" methods back then and I'm sure my b.g. were
high all the time and I didn't have any trouble learning.  (except for
algebra, geometry, etc.)  but then again, math's not my big thing!

My son, on the other hand, while in college, was having trouble with lows
and said he was kind of spaced out and couldn't concentrate until he stopped
taking his morning pill and has been fine ever since.

The trick?  Make certain your children don't have lots of lows cause that's
when the brain kind of slows down being starved from the sugar it needs.....

Just my 2 cents.

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00