Re: [IP] HOT Topic, the "Newbie" Debate (This should have read...a Venting...Help I'm depressed!!!)

Well then I know that I am not a newbie!  I've been dealing with D for 35 of
my 36 years!  I was 15 months old at diagnosis.  I was dx'd in June of 1966.
But you know what?  I'd trade with anyone in a second to be a newbie...I
wish I could remember a time before the D.  I guess this is why I have been
battling depression since my daughter's diagnosis 8 years ago.

Speaking of which...am I the only one (???)...who in spite of frequent
testing...8 or more times a day...I am having a really hard time lately in
achieving tight control.  I'm doing the yo-yo thing.  I'm not sure if it is
the stress of having moved in June...the onset of the cardiac problem or the
stress of battling with Heather over the care of her D.   She never wants to
test at all.  I feel like I am sinking into a bottomless black pit!!!

And to top it off I  have been told that Tricare (military's insurance)
doesn't cover diabetic education in this region.  It did where we just moved
from.  So if I am to have any help getting myself or my daughter
straightened out I have to pay out of pocket.  Heather's not even on the
pump yet.  The only military diabetic educator here isn't pump certified
because there just aren't enough patients for her to have the required
amount of pump starts for certification.

I hate my life...why is it that as a child the diabetes never bothered me
but now as an adult it depresses the mess out of me???