[IP] 1yr pump anniversary!

Today (11/30/00) is my 10yo daughter, Shannon's, 1yr pump
anniversary (she was dx'd 11/28/96 which was Thanksgiving Day
that year)! Wow, what a year this has been! After a few minor
glitches here and there, everything really seems to be falling
into place now! The last 4 days in particular have been like
walking into the twilight zone - daily bg averages have been
120-137 (never had numbers like this on MDI and bg averages on
the pump weren't THIS good before!) I can't explain it, as we've
done nothing differently, but hey, I'll take it!!! No complaints
here!!! I'll be a happy camper if we can keep this up and see
numbers like this just 50% of the time. I just want to say to all
the new pumpers out there, hang in there. The payoff (however
long it takes) is soooo worth the effort! You won't be sorry!

We really love pumping and Shannon says she'll never go back to
MDI (well, maybe when pigs fly)!!! :)

little guy due 3/10/01

November is National Diabetes Awareness Month! Help fund a cure
(insulin is not a cure, it's life support)!
http://www.jdf.org  Juvenile Diabetes Association
http://www.diabetes.org  American Diabetes Association
http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com  Children with Diabetes
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org  Insulin Pumpers