[IP] Re: Another compication of Diabetes

In a message dated 11/30/00 11:37:20 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> Does anyone on the list know what necrobiosis lipordica diabeticorum means?
> Also what happens if it gets worse?
Mary, I found this definition:
necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorum A skin condition usually on the lower part
of the legs. The lesions can be small or extend over a large area. They are
usually raised, yellow, and waxy in appearance and often have a purple
border. Young women are most often affected.
I actually had this in the early 80's.  It was considered pretty rare back
then.  My lesions healed, are still healed but you can see the scarring where
they were.  I was told they'd get better with better control and mine did.
Hope this helps,

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000