Re: [IP] Insurance problems

In a message dated 11/30/2000 6:08:07 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Place of work has negotiated 50% co-pay  on "durable medical equipment" in
the new insurance contract. They  include pump supplies , that they used to
cover 100%, . This will  increase our out of pocket expenses next year to
approx. $1500-$1800 per  year.  >>

Was in a similar situation a couple of years ago.  The new ins co that only
covered 50% also made us go thru a certain supplier.  For example the box of
reservoirs they charged $350 for, I could go thru Minimed and buy for $97.
Their 50% was basically useless and I did better buying my supplies directly
from MM.  Hope yours doesn't turn out this way.