Re: [IP] another question

In a message dated 11/29/00 7:09:24 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Have had a few rocky days
 where I have over-indulged (Chinese food or Little Caesars bread in a box
 with garlic and butter)  and my bgs shot up awful.  Wouldn't come down as
 usual when I took my high bg ratio.  >>

Geez, Lori -- Chinese and bread sticks with butter are DEElicious -- but have
some killer fat in them!!! I have mucho problems getting my BGs back down
after foods like that, too. Did I read somewhere that eating fat creates some
insulin-resistance? I don't know about anybody else, but I handle carbs a LOT
better than I do fat. When I do eat high-fat, I bolus some major insulin up
front -- then seem to have to correct forever.

Jan and Elvis