RE: [IP] Square and Dual wave boluses

what do you consider as high fat?  i'm surprised to hear you sq. and not
dual?

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Heidi E. Lindemann
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 3:28 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] Square and Dual wave boluses

I'm just coming into this discussion because I just now joined the
list.  I am gathering someone out there was asking about the square
wave.  I use it pretty often.  I use it whenever what I eat has a high fat
content.  I generally bolus a wee bit more than I would if I am eating
straight carbs.  So for a high fat meal whose carbos require an 8 unit
bolus, I take 9 or ten units over 2 hours.  This works really well because
if I took it all at once I would crash and if I took the noraml amount the
fat would make my sugars high.

It took me about a year on the pump before I started using this function
and now I really like it when appropriate.

Heidi E. Lindemann