Re: [IP] Re: square waving and dual waving

In a message dated 11/29/00 7:05:11 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Do your kids seem to digest all their carbs pretty quickly
 regardless of fat content, or is it just that Katie's newly diagnosed and
 delays will kick in a little later ??? >>

Yes to both.  Kids probably digest their food quicker than us "older"
diabetics. After 20 yrs of D I am sure I have at least some delayed stomach
emptying (gastro-paresis).  But also very likely if she is just diagnosed
this month she will have some reduced production of insulin still -- the
Honeymoon effect, maybe enough to handle the rise in bgs most of us
experience later from the high fat foods.

Very impressed that she's on a pump if only dx'd a few weeks ago, or did I
read that wrong?

Best of luck to you both,