[IP] Exercising on a Pump

There's some discussion at the moment about running/jogging while using a
I'm really interested to know what pumpers do with their pumps while
exercising in different ways, particularly swimming and cycling. Do you still
have to take extra carbs (I hate having to do that) or can you lower or
suspend the base insulin and get decent bgs before and after. Is there any
benefit to be had in adjusting the base insulin some time before the exercise
period begins?

I'd love to know what you all do.