Re: [IP] kids can be cruel

Your subject line say it.  Kids can be cruel.  Tyler has had the fair weather
friends come and go since he was diagnosed.  The good friends and have their
adjustment problems including one who I really feel was jealous of "all the
extra attention Tyler got because he was special."  If Matt really values the
friendship he will wait it out.  If the friend is really a friend he will
come around.

But this is so easy for a parent to say and so hard for an adolescent to put
up with.  Seem like all we as parents can do is be supportive for our sons.
Let Matt know you care and do feel for how this hurts him, but let the guys
work it out.

I make sure Tyler has lots to do with other friends through the rough spots.
If this good friend wants to really be a friend, he will be back.  By then
Matt may have had a little time to get perspective on the situation and
decide for himself if he wants this friend and on what terms.

Raising kids can be hard.