Re: [IP] kids can be cruel

  How old are the boys?  Adolescent?  Preteen?  Teens?  Depending on how  old
they are would determine how I would handle he situation.  If they are still
younger I would just explain to your son how his 'friend' is still young and
doesn't understand a lot of things, or whatever.  You know the drill.  If
these boys are pre-teen or teens then it might be a situation where you need
to either address the other 'friend' or his parents.  At that age they should
know more about hurting of others feelings, etc.  My son (8 yo) hurts when
someone calls him the 'diabetes boy' or something along those lines.  What's
important to me is that Josh (my son) be known as Joshua, a boy, who happens
to have diabetes and in THAT order!  This is what I would really try to do.
But it really depends on the age of the boys!!

mom to Josh