[IP] showers on the pump

From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] showers?
I have been with my MM508 since 10-31. I normally disconnect when showering
because I know it is not waterproof. I was told that it would not hurt to
wear it to the shower. Is this true? Does anyone else wear their MM in the
shower. I don't see spending the extra money for the waterproof case just to
take a shower.
I never wear mine in the shower. I just bolus with the number of units of
basal times the fraction of an hour for the shower, like 15 minutes is 1/4
hour. I multiply my basal by 0.25 and give that many units of insulin then
suspend and disconnect the pump. If you want to wear it in the shower get
the shower pack and put the pump in it. you don't need a waterproof case.
First see how much your bg goes up during the time you are disconnected. it
probably won't be enough to need correction. Spot.
A Bender, M. D.