Re: [IP] 1500/1800 rule

> Which of these (1500 or 1800) do most of you pumpers use to
> determine your insulin sensitivity factor? I know the 1500 rule was
> developed for users of Regular and revised to 1800 for humulog.
> However, I am getting conflicting views from 2 endocrinologists I
> have spoken to about which is more appropriate.

These charts are compiled from averages for a large number of people.
The charts are used as a starting point when no other data is
available. In the real world the numbers produced by using the charts
can be off by 50% or more based on a random sampling of IP list
members' ratios. Read the HOWTO pages on measuring ratios to learn
how to determine your ratios accurately.