[IP] Re: short of insulin

In a message dated 11/28/00 1:58:00 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Subject: [IP] Short of Insulin
> I use the glass cartridges from Disetronic, and find that I can't get three
> fills out of a bottle on Humalog.  Does anyone else have this
> problem?   Each cartridge holds 315 units of insulin, so with 3 fills out
> of the bottle, it should leave about 55 units left in the bottle.  I
> guesstimate that I'm taking about 40 units out of a new bottle when I get
> to the bottom of the old vial.  Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?
the same thing happens to me David.  Not sure what you're asking though.   I
just empty the vial and add from the next and go on.
I am really looking forward to the prefilled cartridges.  I was told by my
disetronic rep that they've been approved and they will be offering them for
the htron as well as the dtron.  I am really really ready for prefilled   :)

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000