Re: [IP] ACE inhibitors

In a message dated 11/28/2000 2:27:41 PM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

> tried using the search feature, but came up empty even though i know it's
> been discussed, so i'm obviously doing something wrong!!
> i'll ask my question this way; had a routine visit with my endo yesterday,
> things are great except for my blood pressure creeping up.      she
> prescribed zestril - took one yesterday and woke at midnight with a sore
> throat (one of the side effects listed) - my question is this -- anyone
> else
> on it, any problems with it and how long should i wait before i call to ask
> for different prescription?
> thanks,
> kim

Hi Kim:

Its good to know that someone else also has a problem with bp. My internal
medicine doctor has had me on Aldomet. I have been increased to 1,500mg a day
and still no help.

I will see the endocrinologist today for the first time. The only reason why
I was put on Aldomet was because I was trying to get pregnant. I have now
decided to put that on hold to concentrate on my pump therapy and severe
hypertension. I am sure I am going to be put on something else. There are so
many bp meds out there. If this is really causing you problems then I would
suggest trying something else.

I do know that when I started the aldomet, it took me almost two weeks to get
used to it. I was extremely tired, irritable and sometimes sick to my stomach
with a headache but it went away within two weeks.

So I guess I would try it for a couple of weeks and after the two week period
then if you are still experiencing problems I would contact the endo.

This is just my opinion YMMV.

Take care

Betsy :)
Pumping 10 days and loving it! :)