Re: [IP] disconnecting

In a message dated 11/28/00 12:48:30 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I have always had problems with morning bs's. I don't ever disconnect in

morning, because I can never get back on track. >>

Check the amount of insulin you have received that day (screen 5 on a MM507c)
before you disconnect, subtract from what it shows when you reconnect
(leaving the pump running while disconnected), and prime bolus the
difference.  Or if it is going to be a while, prime a little now and the rest
after reconnecting.  You will make up any insulin missed.