[IP] Re: States Mandating Dm Coverages

> In a message dated 11/26/00 10:21:58 PM Central Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > It blows my mind that a endo. would be against you going on a pump
> Also go to your local library's reference desk and ask them to look up
> your state's regulations for what private insurance carrier's must pay
> for for diabetics.  That's what I did and in MO insurance co's have to
> cover the pump.
An easier trip can be done going through the Links page at IP to the site
which has links to 21 states and their coverage facts and lists 19 other
states that have enacted some type of coverage mandate.
"MO: In July 1997, Missouri Governor Mel Carnahan signed legislation
passed by the Missouri General Assembly to require that health insurers
offer improved coverage for physician prescribed, medically appropriate and
necessary equipment, supplies, and self-management training used in the
management and treatment of diabetes"