[IP] Re: Disetronic Tenders

This has happened to us twice (once a few months ago and once
last week) but the tubing didn't break off completely (but it did
happen in the same spot you mentioned, where it screws into the
cartridge.) The outer tubing just separated from the inner
tubing. We don't know what caused it (and I never called
Disetronic about it - probably would've had it broken through
both) but I suspect it just got a lot of wear and tear in that
spot (which must be a weak spot in the Tenders.)
TraceyS said:
Has anyone ever had problems with the Disetronic Tenders?  My son
is 10 years
old and although he plays rough with is pump on like any other
child would
play, we have had problems with the tenders.  The tubing is
breaking right
where you screw it into the pump cartridge.  I have called
Disetronic with
the lot number of the box, that this has happened to, they
replaced it, but
it happened again with this new box as well.  Maybe it is just my
son, but he
has been on the pump for 7 months now, and this has just started
recently.  I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

little guy due 3/10/01

November is National Diabetes Awareness Month! Help fund a cure
(insulin is not a cure, it's life support)!
http://www.jdf.org  Juvenile Diabetes Association
http://www.diabetes.org  American Diabetes Association
http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com  Children with Diabetes
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org  Insulin Pumpers