[IP] Stupid ER doctors

 > I don't know what to do about "ignorant" GP's and endos either! It could
 >be really scary to end up in an emergency room with doctors and nurses
 >uneducated in not only the pump, but diabetes altogether!
 > My MM pump has a toll-free phone number near the reservoir door to call
 >for emergency info. on the pump. Hopefully the medical personal at the ER
 >will do this.
 > Jan G.

Great idea, Jan!
Yes, I can insert this number as "the one" to call in an emergency. Yes -
what a great idea - they'd never look at the number on the pump in my ER!
Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
I doubt that they would call that number they didn't even call my doctor
when I wound up in an ER. There explanation was "You'll be getting insulin
the whole time you are here!, Yes, and so will you! spot
A Bender, M. D.