[IP] Re: Pregnancy questions--cold medicine

Did they elaborate on what point in pgcy it is safe? This is my
8th baby and I've *always* been told NO antihistamines in the
first trimester (which I think Sherry is) because of the risk of
causing cleft lip/palate. Sudafed/pseudoephedrine (w/o added
antihistamines) has always been on the safe lists (for any
trimester) that I've been given by my drs/midwives. Other
decongestants may not be safe, but this one definitely is (if
pseudoephedrine is the only thing in it.) I would never take
Benadryl until out of the first trimester and the baby is already
formed. Too risky (and that's not just an opinion)!

Maureen said:
My "Fit Pregnancy" magazine says that antihistamines like
Benadryl and Chlortrimeton are safe,

little guy due 3/10/01

November is National Diabetes Awareness Month! Help fund a cure
(insulin is not a cure, it's life support)!
http://www.jdf.org  Juvenile Diabetes Association
http://www.diabetes.org  American Diabetes Association
http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com  Children with Diabetes
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org  Insulin Pumpers