[IP] Canadian and pumping

Hi Darrin,
 Thanks for your response regarding my friend. We are
in SE Ontario. It feels like a pioneering process here
in Canada with so few pump supportive Dr.s around. We
were thinking of trying to get a pump supportive Dr.
to be a keynote speaker at a symposium to educate Dr.s
in our area a little better about the pump. (This was
suggested to me by another Dr. who is a friend when I
told him of our dilemna. I talked to a CDE friend and
she said that it was tried but the Dr. did not want to
"step" on other's toes. Gee Whiz, I would like to
stomp on their toes!! There is so much politics
involved, it makes it very frustrating, but I am not
going to give up!
 Darrin...do you have the Emergency Room letter that
has been on this site? It is a letter to any attending
physician about your pump and has places to put names
for contacts, ie., Dr., Pump rep, CDE, pump company #.
If you need it then contact me and I will send you a

> This is the only endo in NS who sees pump patients
> and his goal is to get
> the people off of the pump and back on non-intensive
> MDI.
> I have two wallet cards I designed a refirned Medic
> Alert and updated files
> at Er all saying in BLOCK:  DO NOT REMOVE PUMP.  I
> don't think we can
> overcompensate on warnings to "NOT REMOVE PUMP".
> Too many idiots out there.
> Please take appropriate measures.  At least it's all
> we can do for now.
> Darrin Parker
> Nova Scotia, Canada!

Do You Yahoo!?