Re: [IP] Re: Disetronic or MiniMEd

Can anyone out there give me some advice fairly urgently on a burning issue
which is going round my head at the moment??

I am considering going onto pump therapy because of my unpredictable sugars
but also because I am desperate to start regular exercise again, something I
have not done for ages. I cannot work out just how critical the frequency of
basal delivery is. In my case basal delivery would be every three minutes
with the Disetronic and possibly every ten minutes with the MiniMed (an
estimate). I take around 20 units of base insulin at the moment and this
would presumably decrease on the pump. Logic tells me that a more frequent
delivery is going to give me more flexibility when I run the pump on a
temporary low (or cut it) during exercise, but I just don't know how
important this is. I like the MiniMed pump but this is the one thing that
really concerns me.

I'd welcome some advice !!
Rosemary Humby