Re: [IP] Docs, Hospitals, ERs

All this talk about docs, hospitals, and ERs really frightens me. I've spoken with my doctor about it recently and he said that if I ever need to be hospitalized (diabetes or non-diabetes related), that I should go to the hospital that has the Diabetes Treatment Center...where I stayed when I was first diagnosed and treated for my pump start. If I didn't need ICU care, I would be admitted to the Diabetes Treatment Center...if I needed ICU, a nurse from the Diabetes Treatment Center would take care of me. I'd pass about five other hospitals that are closer, but unless it is life-threatening, it is worth going 15 miles instead of two.

Jonathan Meersman
Dx 6/2000
MM 508 11/2000