Re: [IP] Fructosamine

> I have never heard of this test.  What is it testing for and how
> important is it for an almost nine year old?

It is another way to measure longer term control. It produces results
similar to an hbA1c, but with a shorter integration time. ~ couple of
weeks instead of a couple of months. There are bg monitors that you
can purchase that will do this test whereas the docs' office is
needed for the hbA1c. Your 9 year old does not need this, it is just
another tool in the tool kit for bg managment.