Re: [IP] Re: Minimed vs. Disetronic

You know, over the last four years; I've sent for info from MM and D twice
and have talked to both regioinal reps.  Neither company delivered more
than I had expected and neither as much as I had hoped for.

My point is that I've dealt with thousands of small and large firms over
the years as suppliers and customers in a safety-related field.  D and MM
are simply about average on the general corporate scale for customer

This is fine.  They are not healthcare providers, councillors nor friends.
They are corporations in business to #1, make money and #2 fill a market
demand.  I have run a business and somewhat sympathise with D and MM when
accused of poor customer service.  This is no excuse for not trying to
achieve 100% customer satisfaction nor for shipping bad batteries etc.
Both firms leave a lot to be desired in MHO.

However as i said: in my expereince they are *average* and that's Ok for
me.  No doubt, liability issues contrain their ability to do much more than
offer technical support, ship correct orders and refer us to a pump clinic.
It's *my* responsiblity to know the machine, have adequate supplies on hand
and to have realistic expectations as far as how far they will go to help
me.  I know that orders get screwed up, over-billed etc.  This has been the
case with most firms I have dealt with - I've even done it a few times.

So far D has been great with me.  I bought my pumps 2nd hand and they so
far have been willing to D-modem them etc w/o any charge and told me to
call anytime if I needed help!  And I never bought pumps from them!  I call
this great customer service!

I would like to see each firm do better marketing though.  Too many docs
and diabetics who have never even seen a pump.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 days thanks to the support of a lot of wonderful internet