Re: [IP] Re: Minimed vs. Disetronic

You know, over the last four years; I've sent for info from MM and D twice
and have talked to both regioinal reps.  Neither company delivered more
than I had expected and neither as much as I had hoped for.

My point is that I've dealt with thousands of small and large firms over
the years as suppliers and customers in a safety-related field.  D and MM
are simply about average on the general corporate scale for customer
service.

This is fine.  They are not healthcare providers, councillors nor friends.
They are corporations in business to #1, make money and #2 fill a market
demand.  I have run a business and somewhat sympathise with D and MM when
accused of poor customer service.  This is no excuse for not trying to
achieve 100% customer satisfaction nor for shipping bad batteries etc.
Both firms leave a lot to be desired in MHO.

However as i said: in my expereince they are *average* and that's Ok for
me.  No doubt, liability issues contrain their ability to do much more than
offer technical support, ship correct orders and refer us to a pump clinic.
It's *my* responsiblity to know the machine, have adequate supplies on hand
and to have realistic expectations as far as how far they will go to help
me.  I know that orders get screwed up, over-billed etc.  This has been the
case with most firms I have dealt with - I've even done it a few times.

So far D has been great with me.  I bought my pumps 2nd hand and they so
far have been willing to D-modem them etc w/o any charge and told me to
call anytime if I needed help!  And I never bought pumps from them!  I call
this great customer service!

I would like to see each firm do better marketing though.  Too many docs
and diabetics who have never even seen a pump.

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!