Re: [IP] Best Carb Counting Book for Weird Foods?

I've had several books, but prefer The Doctor's Pocket Calorie, Fat &
Carbohydrate Counter - Copyright ) 1999 Allan Borushek (Dietitian). It is an
outstanding source of information. In addition to the over 80 specific
restaurants, they also list generic restaurants by cuisine. They also list
all the foods that I've ever wanted, both brand names, and general items. It
is small enough to easily fit in my diabetes bag or my computer case.

They have a website - http://www.calorieking.com/

I just bought six copies (from Barnes & Nobel - bn.com) to give as gifts to
some diabetic friends. I used this book while I was in the hospital for my
pump start. The diabetes educator looked at it and immediately thought it
was better than the ones they used to train new patients. I sent her a copy
for their library.

I highly recommend this book.

Jonathan Meersman
Dx 6/2000