[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #655

In a message dated 11/27/00 12:21:20 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Re: [IP] Animas? >>

My daughter who is 12 likes the Animas since it looks like a pager, and the
other pumps looked a little more "medical".  I like that it gives frequent
doses and allows very fine adjustment in dosage, which is important since my
daughter went on the pump 4 months after diagnosis and is still on a fairly
low dose of insulin.  The company rep has been wonderful,  even going in to
the school to train the school nurse the day of the insulin start.  Finally
they have a nurse, I think a CDE, available 24 hours a day, so she can answer
both clinical and technical questions.  This has been so helpful since we are
new to both diabetes and the pump.  I am really happy with the pump and the
support from Animas.