Re: [IP] Animas?

Dear Brian
I was interested to see your comments re liking the speed of delivery of the
Animas pump. I am considering a Minimed pump at the moment (the Animas is not
yet available in the UK) and it is slower than the competition, the
Disetronic. I find it difficult to work out just how important this might be
to me, but it is very important to me that I have flexibility to adjust my
dose during periods of exercise. I take around 20 units of long-acting at the
moment, effectively my 'basal' in pump language, and presumably would require
less base insulin than this on a pump, and I think the MM distributor
calculated that this would mean basal delivery at around 10 minute intervals.
I have to compare this with 3 minute intervals with the Disetronic pump. Have
you any thoughts???         Rosemary.