Re: [IP] back off

At 07:55 PM 10/28/00 +0000, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/28/2000 2:26:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>Something to think about-if you reuse the resevoirs, and the lubrication
>might be nearly gone, is it a possibility that the lead screw in the pump
>to "work harder" to push the insulin through the tubing? Anybody know?
>        Jan

Hi Jan;
	The only problem that I have when I reuse hte res. is that the plunger is
stiffer, and binds when the lead screw is trying to push it.  This results
in a "no delivery" alarm.  I have had this happen on several fresh new res.
as well.  It is hard to tell, by hand, if the res. is going to work, and
really annoying when, after going through all the steps to fill, de-bubble,
tube prime, pump prime, startup... to get a "no del." alarm!  I have called
MM (I have a MM508) and they have sent me a few replacements.
		Bill McK