Re: [IP] Pump Insulin or Saline

HI Julia,

  My name is Sylvia.  My son Joshua turns nine next month.  DX 8/97.  On
Disetronics.  We definately did the saline thing for about three days to get
use to wearing the unit, doing sites and bolusing.  But it is just for three

    NERVOUS???  Man, after all of this time I still get nervous!  The
actually mechanics of the pump is simple enough.  It is figuring out basals
that I feel are the most difficult, especially for kids.  Their activity
levels vary as well as grow spurts, etc.  So it is a constant battle.  But we
have the world's BEST endo on our side so I know we will survive!!!

  I wish you and your entire family luck and BEST WISHES and keep us informed!

sylvia staten
email @ redacted
mom to Joshua