Re: [IP] Animas?

I  have been swimming in normal water with my Animas.  I haven't gone in
saltwater, because there isn't any clean enough where I live.

Some of the other things that I like about the Animas are the scrolling
menu.  I didn't think that would be a big deal to me.  But it does make
things much easier.  My wife was always hesistant to touch my MM, but she
has no problems with the Animas.

The speed of Insulin delivery is a huge plus.  The MM was very slow,  the
animas is quite fast.  I use the multiple basal rates features.

The Animas can have up to four separate basal rate profiles with I think 12
different rates in each one.  i have my normal profile, a sick day profile,
and I when I had to work nights, I used the third profile to use during that
time period without having to change my normal profile.

I'm not going to say that there is no risk with going with a brand new
company, because there is.  But keep in mind that this company has been
around for about 5 years before the pump was released.

The most important factor in deciding which insulin pump that you get is
that YOU are comfortable with it.  Talk to the reps of each company. Get
your hands on each pump and get a feel for it yourself.  There are companies
out there that sell all three pumps, and they will be glad to show you all
three and help you find the one that works for you.