[IP] Re: Minimed vs. Disetronic -- Which did you pick?4

Leaks where (just curious)? In the cartridge compartment? That
isn't a problem as it is completely self-contained and separate
from the electronics, thus there is no danger to the electrical
components at all. Just take out the cartridge, wipe out with a
tissue/paper towel, and replace the cartridge (a pita maybe, but
not a problem per se.) So, as far as the electronic components
go, it is completely waterproof (I understand the MiniMed is not,
just water resistant.) One pump isn't really any better than
another - they are all excellent. Just depends on what features
are the most important to *you* and which particular pump happens
to offer those features.

John said:
Waterproof was not a concern for me and many here have said they
have no trouble swimming with their Disetronic but leaks are one
of their biggest sources of complaints.

little guy due 3/10/01

November is National Diabetes Awareness Month! Help fund a cure
(insulin is not a cure, it's life support)!
http://www.jdf.org  Juvenile Diabetes Association
http://www.diabetes.org  American Diabetes Association
http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com  Children with Diabetes
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org  Insulin Pumpers