RE: [IP] Do you use a scale? & Carb bookss

I am using the Soehnle gram scale, that has a database of over 400 different
foods, & their carbs protein fat calories, just put the item on the scale,
press the code # for it & get the results, You can also program your own
foods into the database.
It can be bought at www.diabetesnet.com or by friling 800 827-2582.
To make it easier for me, I typed the code numbers for the foods I mostly
use into my palm pilot [My artificial memory].

A book for carb counting that I use is "The Protein power lifeplan gram
counter" from Dr. Eads.  They have already subtracted the amount of fiber
from the total carbs, They call it ECC "effective carbohydrate content",
fits into my pocket, costs $4.99

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Co-Executive Director
Jewish Diabetes Association