Re: [IP] Animas?

>I heard this mentioned several times now.  ANybody out there on this list
>that is using one?

I have been on it for two weeks and absolutely love it.  I love the
extended bolus feature, which really helps with the gastro.  In addition I
love the menu driven.  I had been on the D for two years.  I've had to call
Animas twice for help.  They got back to me within five minutes and were
very nice about the fact that I was waking them up in the middle of the
night due to "operator" error and lack of patience on my part.  Both Animas
and D took care of all the insurance paper work for me, which was
wonderful.  I really don't want to bash any company, but I was having some
real problems with my D pump and the batteries wearing out in two
days.  Long story and really don't want to go into all the details.  But,
bottom line it truly gives me a comfort level knowing now if I have a bad
run of batteries I can hop in the car to my local store and get more,
rather than wait for D to deliver them, which was very stressful for me.

Like I tell all people that are wanting a pump, get ONE.  Meet with all the
reps, get all the specifics on each pump, and choose for yourself what will
meet your needs the best.  Pumping is the key, which one you choose must
meet your life style and priorities.  I think we've probably all had good
and bad experiences with whichever company, but it truly is YOUR choice,
not the doctors, not the pump company, but you.

People had asked me if I would be afraid of going with a new company.  I am
not in the least.  Animas has been wonderful and I really love the pump.  I
also believe from past experiences that going with a new company can have
some major advantages.

Fran, who loves her Animas pump