Re: [IP] Minimed vs. Disetronic -- Which did you pick?

Two reasons:

#1.  Waterproof to 1 metre.

I try to spend the five warm months in the water as much as possible.
SeaDooing  is almost as necessary as insulin for me.  I hope to master a 50
mph dump w/o losing the pump.  (It's like a yard sale:  gloves, boots,
glasses everywhere)!

#2. Back-up pump included.

I have watched $500,000 equipment suffer minor and castestropic failures
for 15 years.  There is no such thing as a machine that does not eventually
fail no matter how good the PM is.  All insulin pumps will eventually fail
too.  It may be days or decades but they will.  Plus I can send one back
for refirb and wear the other during that time.  As long as the b/u is with
me; I should never have to rely on MDI again!

Both MM and D have unique features that I wish both pumps had.  So far
Animas appears to be doing this! :)

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 3 days thanks to the support of a lot of wonderful internet