Re: [IP] Minimed vs. Disetronic -- Which did you pick?

email @ redacted writes:

> Okay, I'm not trying to start any wars here, but I'd be very interested in
> hearing about the factors you-all considered in choosing between Minimed
> and
> Disetronic and what was/were the deciding factor(s) for you . . . Also, now
> that you've been pumping for a while, have you changed your ideas on what
> factors should have been considered in making that choice?

For me, I really had no choice. My insurance company covers the Minimed pump.
I have only been pumping for eight days but I have to admit, I really like
the pump and have had no problems. I think you need to check with your
insurance to see what it covers. For me I was very lucky. I paid an 8.00
copay for the pump and 32.00 for three months worth of supplies.

I also started getting information about two months before deciding on an
insulin pump. I got a great video and information from Minimed and when I
talked to my insurance company I then sent in my paperwork and the
representative called me back. A nurse talked to me asking me questions and
this determined and also eased my mind as to whether to go on an insulin pump
or not since I am a type 2.

Get all information you can. This is the only way you are going to determine
what is right for you. I also heard that you can also try out some of the
pumps. I never did this so I don't know.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Betsy :)
Pumping 8 days and LOVING it!!!