[IP] =?UTF-8?Q?Re:=20insulin-pumpers-digest=20V4=20#645?=

In a message dated 11/21/00 5:15:59 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Re: [IP] 14 year old athletic pumper >>

I had heard that the high BG immediately after exercise was from glyogen
release from the liver.  Anyhow, my  daughter does not correct if she is high
immediately after sports, since she will soon be dropping without the
correction, then likely  becoming low.   We are still experimenting with pump
settings which need to be different for different sports, and we are finding
that vigorous exercise several days in a row drops her insulin requirement by
as much as  50% for almost a week.